AEM CD-7 Carbon Digital Racing Dash Displays
AEM has updated its CD-7 Digital Dash Display from an aluminum enclosure to a carbon fiber composite enclosure and in the process has reduced its mass from 740g/26.1 oz. to only 595g/20.9oz. That’s almost 1/3rd lbs. less and makes the CD-7 Carbon the lightest graphical dash of its size among major competitors! The new AEM CD-7 Dash Displays also have optional integrated 20Hz GPS, which replaces the dash packages that included a Vehicle Dynamics Module. Of course, the Vehicle Dynamics Module still works with any CD Digital Dash Display and can be purchased separately.
CD-7 Carbon Digital Dash Displays feature a full-color, daylight readable screen surrounded by a tough, lightweight flow-molded carbon fiber composite housing. Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housing for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. Two large buttons are included on the face of the display, allowing easy page changing and memory resetting even with driving gloves on. These button functions are included in the supplied rear connector, allowing the user to mount remote buttons. Two additional programmable LEDs are located above the toggle buttons on the top of the housing on either side of the integrated LED shift lights.
VIEW AND LOG DATA FROM OVER 250 CAN DEVICES!
The CD-7 Carbon receives channels from two independent CAN bus inputs and it does not require special modules to read AEM and/or 3rd-party CAN signals. We have validated it to communicate with over 250 non-AEM devices, 2008-up stock ECUs via the OBDII port (see Supported Apps Tab), and the CD-7 Carbon can be added to any vehicle with the addition of our 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module. The CD-7 Carbon is ECU CAN ready and does not require external modules for CAN to CAN communication, just load your configuration and go! All channels can be named in virtually any language so that the information displayed makes sense to the user when displayed, whether on the main screens or warning alerts.
Third-party systems will require download of 3rd party DBC CAN bus protocol files for proper operation if they are not included in our setup software. We currently have over 250 validated 3rd party applications, and include a CD Dash Power Cable to simplify the installation of 3rd party devices. We have also developed 3rd Party Plug & Play Adapter Cables for certain applications, which are highlighted on our Supported Apps Tab and can be viewed on our Install Kits Tab.
Four packages are available:
- PN 30-5700, CD-7 Carbon Non-Logging/ Non-GPS Display
- PN 30-5701, CD-7L Carbon Logging Display
- PN 30-5702, CD-7G Carbon Non-Logging Display with Internal GPS
- PN 30-5703, CD-7LG Carbon Logging Display with Internal GPS
- AEM CD-7 Carbon Digital Dash Display (Non-Logging) - CD-7 non-logging race dash, CAN input only, 7-inch diagonal screen, carbon fiber enclosure, wiring harness included
- AEM CD-7L Carbon Digital Dash Display (Logging) - CD-7L logging race dash, CAN input only, 7-inch diagonal screen, carbon fiber enclosure, wiring harness included, REQUIRES AEMdata V4.01.22 OR HIGHER
- AEM CD-7G Carbon Digital Dash Display GPS-Enabled (non-Logging) - CD-7G non-logging, GPS enabled racing dash, CAN input only, 7-inch diagonal screen, carbon fiber enclosure, GPS antenna and wiring harness included
- AEM CD-7LG Carbon Digital Dash Display GPS-Enabled (Logging) - CD-7LG logging, GPS enabled racing dash, CAN input only, 7-inch diagonal screen, carbon fiber enclosure, GPS antenna and wiring harness included, REQUIRES AEMdata V4.01.22 OR HIGHER